Monday, September 21, 2009

The family is a haven in a heartless world


This last couple of weeks have been super crazy! We've been busy getting our yard sale together. I'll be blogging about that next. But before I can tell you all the fund stuff about our fundraiser I have to finish telling you about our vacation!!! LOL

So after the conference and spending a few days with friends, We went down to St. George UT to spend time with my parents!!! While we were driving we listened to Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. We love books, and have enjoyed the Harry Potter series! But while we were listening I noticed something very funny! It was a Utah license plate that said MUGGLE!!! It was perfect timing too! The story was talking about muggles!! I grabbed the camera and Matt got close enough and I got a picture!!!! Sadly however, that was one of the great pictures that was lost. I still had to share though!

When we made it to St. George it was so hot! But it was so wonderful to be in my parents tiny apartment with the WHOLE family!!! *A little background- one of my brothers and my sister haven't really been on "speaking terms" for the last 6 years. But while we were there they decided to start working things out!* It was so comfortable to have everyone in the living room on the couch just hanging out and joking around! I had thought that it might feel monumental for everyone to be there but it felt natural, like the way it is supposed to be!

While we had everyone together I knew we HAD to do family portraits! The last family portrait was about 17 years ago!!!! Just after my sister Jericca was born!!! So being the family portrait photographer I forced the issue. Most of the family knows about my bossy and obsessive ways when I'm behind the camera(I'm not that bad!) but Josh, my youngest brother, was in for a shock!!! We decided it was be fun to go out to the Red Rock Canyon and hike and do pictures. It was a lot of fun! And it was so pretty out there! We stoped a lot to do a shot here and there. But we got some great shots!!!

Anyways, here is my family!

3 comments:

Tina said...

What a cool place to get family pictures taken. They look really good! We need a new family pictures so bad. We don't even have one with our youngest in it. I'm glad you all got to get together. Too fun!

Amy B said...

Now you just have to keep doing family photos- I think they get harder the bigger your family gets. good luck!

Clark Family said...

LOVE the photos! I'm so happy for your family!