Wednesday, January 20, 2010

“A bee is never as busy as it seems; it's just that it can't buzz any slower.”

We have been a couple of busy bees so far this year!!!  And firstly, I must apologize for my lack of blogging attention.  Being a busy bee has taken a lot of my energy. 

Matt is dutifully flying round the world (ok, just Northern America) and bringing home the bacon-or honey since we're currently bees!  He has recurrent training in February- extra training that pilots have to go through every year to make sure they still know how to fly!  And so he is busy studying and reviewing the handbooks, company policies, and whatnot.  It will be nice to have him home for the majority of February. 

I on the other hand am not working so much right now.  January is really slow in the portrait world.  In the aftermath of Christmas, I'm only working about 10-15 hours a week.  It will pick back up the closer we get to Easter.  But, my time is being taken up by a much more demanding endeavor...

COLLEGE!!!

While at my parents during Christmas I got a call from the admission office letting me know that I had been accepted!!!!  Let me tell you I was ecstatic!!!  It was official- I was an Eagle!!!


It was really funny because my little sister had just gotten her acceptance letters from a few of the schools she applied to!  We definitely celebrated the prospect of higher education.

They had called the last day they were open before closing for the holiday!  When I got back home I only had a few days to get everything together before classes started!  Thank goodness that I wasn't working much, because I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off!  But I did it!  I got everything done in time.  So now I am a full time college student...(and it's kicking my butt!) 

And I'm loving every minute of it!
so far

I think 2010 is going to keep being a busy year for us.  I'm confident that we'll be able to stay afloat...




and for those who are concerned about our humanity- we are not actual bees, or actual eagles.
We are still human!

3 comments:

Amy said...

according to facebook - you are loving almost minute... those art classes are not your favorite right now?!

I do love college- Loved english!

Courtney said...

Yes...my art class is annoying! it's more the professor than the actual class...and the time needed to complete projects.

I think it is really a love/hate relationship. =)

Clark Family said...

love to read tidbits about your life! You guys are such a cute couple. We hope to do some more movie nights with popcorn or dinner with delicious roasts again... some day. take care!