Thursday, February 25, 2010

It takes a long time to grow young

Happy Birthday Matt!!!!!  
I love his cheesy smile face.  It's just so happy.  

We recently celebrated the anniversary of the day of Matt's birth.  I baked him a cake(from scratch), bought the fun number candles(which he had never had before!!!!), sang Happy Birthday to him, and then we watched a movie!  It was a great day!  We took it nice and easy, just relaxing spending time together.  Matt got tons of phone calls from family and friends sending birthday wishes.  I know for a fact he got sung to at least 3 times!  I'll tell you, he is Mister Popularity!! 


And so in honor of Matt's 34 years I am going to tell you 34 things about Matt!

1-he is obsessed with flying!
2-he used to play the trumpet
3-he loves to work out with Tony Horton (P90X)
4-he is the fastest reader I have ever met!
5-he loves eating steak
6-he always listens to Rush Limbaugh and Glen Beck
7-he wishes he could go back home to Seattle
8-he loves to read books about physics (for fun)
9-He likes to go fast
10-he has a loud voice-it carries very well
11-he is a master at the BBQ grill
12-his version of being romantic is trying to blow raspberries on my neck
13-he loves football and basketball
14-he loves to teach-doesn't matter the subject
15-in the car he likes to talk instead of listening to the radio
16-he loves Science Fiction
17- if he can't fall asleep he will read airplane system manuals
18-it sometimes takes him a long time to change his mind
19-he is the best kind of friend
20-he has the prettiest eyes!  green with a hint of yellow at the edges
21-he loves to talk
22-he drools when he sees a cool airplane on TV
23-he is a college graduate
24-his favorite snack to buy is Peanut M&Ms
25-he plays church ball Weds night on the weeks he's home
26-he loves to go hiking
27-he's a great public speaker
28-he wants to adopt an English Bulldog and name him Rush
29-he is very politically conservative
30-he is very competeive
31-he loves to read
32-he is amazing with kids, even though he doesn't think he is
33-he will spend hours playing Sims2 when he has the free time
34- he is married to the most amazing woman ever, ME!  
lol...ok maybe I'm not the most amazing woman, but I am pretty good!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

that is the sweetest list i've ever seen- a great birthday idea! you should look into Olde english bulldogs- they are more healthy than regular english bulldogs. we have one and she's great.

Amy B said...

Very nice post- Darren isn't much into the compliments- more the acts of service and keeping the house clean is all he needs- but I should mention he could write me 31 reasons he loves me for my next birthday- I LOVE that- and it was fun to see all those good things about matt!