Friday, September 12, 2008

I'm not nervous. Well, maybe I was a bit...concerned but that's not the same thing.

What do you do when you get nervous?
Courtney: I call my mom and dad. Or any member of my family that will actually answer the phone! I talk about what's going on with my parents. With my siblings, I talk about silly and random things, teasing them, and goofing off with them. And while I talk, I pace...Up and down the hall, around the kitchen, I have to be moving. And when in a situation where pacing is not the best idea, I fidget. I have to have something in my hand that I can play with. Like a rubber band, or a pen, or clothing. Movement, in any form, is my coping mechanism. I have to be doing something.

Matt: I get scared and embarrassed that I have already made too many mistakes and that I have failed , like when interviewing for a new job or taking my 6 Mo check ride..my job is on the line. I just want to get away from the situation, or the people that I am around. And do something fun to take my mind off of that situation, like working out or watching a movie.

0 comments: