Monday, September 22, 2008

Aspire rather to be a hero than merely appear one

Who was your childhood hero? Who is your hero now?

Courtney: I don't really remember having one hero growing up. I looked up to a lot of people. I wanted to be just like my cousin Jamie for a long time. She was so cool, and pretty, and had a lot of friends. I, of course, was envious. I looked(and still do) up to my Grandma H. We have so much in common, and she was always there to encourage me to be the best I could be. In the cartoon world, Raphael from The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle could rescue me anytime. And I fell in love with Robin Hood at a very young age. So I think I had it all...a person to imitate, a person to grow up to be, and two dashing heroes for when I became a damsel in distress. =)

And now...

Now, my hero is my younger sister! She is amazing...her strength is inspiring. She has a huge heart with a giant desire to love the people around her. And she has courage to stand up for what she knows is right, and forgive those who have hurt her. I endeavor to be like her.

Matt: During my younger years my hero was Luke Skywalker form the movie Star Wars. As it tells a story of a young man who it comes from humble situations, and rises up to help lead the rebel rebellion. I thought that I could become like that.
and now
Rush Limbaugh, as he helps keep me informed on all the liberal media hype, and lets me know that I am not alone in my conservative ideas.

0 comments: