Monday, April 19, 2010

What does Yeaster mean to you?

"Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world. And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning. Arise and come forth unto me, that ye may thrust your hands into my side, and also that ye may feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the God of Israel, and the God of the whole earth, and have been slain for the sins of the world." 3 Nephi 10:10-14


We really enjoy celebrating the resurrection of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We're so grateful for the sacrifice that He made for us. And this Easter Sunday was wonderful. This year Easter fell on the same Sunday as General Conference(a world wide mormon conference that happens 2 times a year). So instead of heading to church at 9 we headed over to a friends house for an Easter brunch! Everyone brought something- fruit salad, spinach salad, juice, eggs, a honey baked ham! We made strawberry pancakes(from scratch). It was a great meal! Then we watched conference on their big screen! 

60 glorious inches!!!

It was awesome!

When we got home it was time for our Easter Baskets!!! Except this year the Easter Bunny got a little lazy and just put the all candy in one candy dish.

*we've given the Easter Bunny a stern talkin' to...She knows that this will not be acceptable when children are in our home and has agreed to separate baskets*

We're still enjoying the sugary goodness! I love Easter candy, it's the best! While devouring a few Starburst Jelly Beans I pondered the age old question...

If I were a candy bar, what would I be?

I came up with a Snickers Bar. Firstly it has chocolate, and there's that saying "you are what you eat" so I'd have to be chocolate! But it's also creamy, sweet, salty, and nutty!

So then I asked Matt. He said that he'd be a Baby Ruth. Because it has a little bit of everything!

What Kind of Candy Bar Would You Be?

One other thing that we like doing around Easter is listening to an awesome comedian, Terry Foy. He does think really funny skit about Pastor Fuzzy, Scout Masters, and Easter! Check it out! I know it's not the best quality but it's the only copy I could find online! I hope you enjoy! We sure get a kick out of it!!!

0 comments: